It happened to me

By Hashim Muhammad Suleiman, PhD



It happened to me

At a very young, adolescent me

In years, I silently nursed the pains in me

She, before she left  unplanned from me

Tactfully collected entire picture album of me

Then her marriage invitation card was sent to me

That day, sleep eloped me

After years of nursing the pains in me

I dust off my bruises and took back schooling to me

Hitherto, I've given up the schooling in me

Her bolt from Hell jolted back the schooling in me

Didn't stop till I bagged me B. Sc 

The pains still pushed me into M. Sc

And the Ph. D in me

After finding the bearings in me

The lamentable part of me

Gave way to the man in me

Her,

With grownup children in the university

Still wants to be friends with me

Whenever she sees me

Unbeknownst to her about me

Her bolts of pains from Hell

Still pains me

After two decades plus in me

Even though it jolted the me to be me. 

Thanks to her unsolicited pains, I'm now me.


Post a Comment

0 Comments