By Abigael Dada
![]() |
| Comrade Hamza Muhammad Gana, newly appointed Chief of Staff to the NASSS President, ABU. |
The National Association of Social Sciences Students (NASSS), Ahmadu Bello University Zaria chapter, has officially announced the appointment of Hamza Muhammad Gana as Chief of Staff to the President, Faculty of Social Sciences. The appointment takes effect on October 2, 2026.
The announcement was confirmed through an official release issued by the NASSS President, Comrade Abubakar Basiru.
![]() |
| Official appointment release |
Speaking on his decision to appoint Hamza, President Abubakar Basiru revealed that the choice had been finalized long before his election victory.
"I made this decision since before I was declared the winner of the election," Abubakar stated. "I was impressed by his hard work, dedication, and commitment. I believe in his capacity and competence to deliver the desired results."
Reacting to his appointment, Comrade Hamza Gana expressed readiness to serve and outlined his vision for his tenure as Chief of Staff.
"Well, I look forward to working with students, listening to their concerns, supporting initiatives that promote academic and personal development, and contributing meaningfully to a more united and progressive Faculty," Hamza said.
"This is a renewed commitment to service. Together, let us build a Faculty where every student is valued, heard, and well represented. Above all, it is the beginning of a new era," Hamza added.
This comes a day after the new executive council was inaugurated, as the President makes his first major appointment for the 2026/2027 session.

